THE CITY OF SAVANNAH, TENNESSEE
Pursuant to TCA 6-54-111, notice is hereby made of the following appropriations to NONPROFIT CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS in the City of Savannah’s Fiscal Year 2018/2019 Budget:
- $1,000 – Hardin County Skills – to assist Hardin County Skills, Inc. in its efforts to provide services to the mentally and physically disabled citizens of our city and county
- $1,000 – Retired Senior Volunteer Program – to help defray transportation costs making it possible for the approximate 300 RSVP volunteers to contribute their talents, abilities and experience to the non-profit Hardin County agencies to whom they donate their services
In addition to the above organizations, the City of Savannah has appropriated funds for the following NONPROFIT organizations for its Fiscal Year 2018/2019:
- $20,000 – The Tennessee River Museum – to support the museum in its purpose to achieve civic betterment through its efforts to enhance area culture and education and to create economic development by generating tourist activity and to assist in providing new exhibits in the Museum
- $1,000 – Hardin County Senior Citizens Center – to assist with general expenditures relative to its function as a social and care institution for the aging
- $1,000 – Savannah Arts Commission – to apply to the cost of presenting the Symphony Orchestra in fall concert to the community
- $62,500 – Savannah/Hardin County Airport Commission – operational funds and matching grant funds
- $1,000 – Hardin County Education Association/Read Across America – to apply to the purchase of materials used in the promotion of reading through the celebration of Read Across America Day in area elementary schools
- $2,000 – Teen Challenge of Savannah – to assist in their efforts to provide out-patient and referral services for people with life-controlling problems
- $1,000 – Imagination Library – to assist in the monthly distribution of age appropriate books to Savannah/Hardin County children ages birth to 5 years.
- $2,000 – Carl Perkins Center – to assist with the establishment of a Savannah Center providing services to victims of child abuse and working toward the prevention of child abuse.
- $60,000 – Mainstreet – to assist start-up operations of SeedCo to provide entrepreneurial opportunities to local start-up businesses and to assist with the presentation of Christmas on Main.
- $325,255.24 – Hardin County – Bond payment assistance for Hardin County Schools building program.
- $3,250,000 – Hardin County Board of Education – Sales Tax Allocation for Hardin County Schools.
- $20,000 – Darryl Worley Foundation – to apply to the cost of presenting the Tennessee River Run to the community.
- $1,000 – Our Daily Bread – to assist with the back-pack nutrition project for Hardin County Students.
In addition to Nonprofit Civic Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations the City of Savannah has appropriated the following ENTERPRISE funds:
- $15,000 – Hardin County Chamber – to promote commerce through business expansion and attraction as well as reply to information for requests about the region.
- $65,000 – Savannah Industrial Development Corporation – to maintain and increase employment opportunities by promoting industry, trade, commerce, tourism and recreation.